Monday, September 10, 2012

Halloween Costumes 2012: Penguin

I've been waiting to make H's Halloween Costume since before he was born. We used to pick out our costumes mid-summer so my mom could make them and they were always amazing! (I'll have to see if I can find some old photos of our favorites.)

There are so many good options, but when I saw this little number from Ashley at Make it and Love it, I was hooked. The costume is almost entirely fleece, a great option since it will likely be quite cold here at the end of October. (The fleece was on sale when I went to Joann's last week - bonus!) Plus who can resist a cute little Penguin!

The pattern Ashely provides uses a girls dress as the basis for the pattern. Since H doesn't have a dress, I used a sleep sack he had just outgrown as the template. The only other modification I made was to use a bit of batting in the wings to make them a bit thicker. 

I finished the body this weekend but wanted to check the sizing before I moved on to the slippers and hat.... and I can't resist sharing this picture with you! Its a work in progress, but I think its going to be perfect.


Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment