Friday, December 30, 2011

Melted Crayon Art


It's not the most original project - since it is all over Pinterest. With all those colors I just had to give it a try!

I had big plans for a grey, yellow and blue canvas - but the cr ayon box only has a few yellows and I started to get worried it would be too dark. I quickly decided a rainbow with more of my color palate included would be a better plan.

I also wanted to put some sort of print in the middle using painters tape. I had a cute airplane all taped on but as I started to use the hair dryer to melt the crayons the airplane peeled on the sides and I finally ended up pulling it off.

Also the hair dryer blows the wax all over the place - in directions you can't even fathom. I found holding it directly above the crayons was my best bet. Even better than the hair dryer was my heat embosser - it produced a centered stream of air that melted the crayons in a direction I could control.

Anyway, I love the outcome - here it is hanging on a random wall. I just had to decide now which way to hang it!


No comments:

Post a Comment